The Office of Environmental Health and Safety (OEHS) is responsible for maintaining agency wide environmental and occupational health and safety compliance. To achieve this goal, the Compliance Support and Communications Division of OEHS provides ongoing EHS technical guidance and support to all bureaus to ensure operational compliance with all applicable environmental, health and safety laws, rules, and regulations. Under general guidance of a Compliance Support Specialist with direct supervision from the Compliance Support Manager.
The selected candidate will assist this division in serving the EHS needs of the Agency by:
• Conducting technical research, collaborating with subject matter experts, compiling relevant information and writing technical reports, as necessary.
• Assisting with efforts for developing and revising EHS guidelines and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
• Assisting with air quality monitoring and site assessments.
• Assisting with EHS communication initiatives such as writing safety articles, researching safety tips and developing posters for EHS awareness.
• Updating the office’s Safety Data Sheets (SDSs).
• Performing data entry, maintaining EHS records, and researching new technologies.
Preferred Skills: Knowledge of OSHA, EPA, FDNY and other related environmental health and safety regulators.
• Environmental sciences, Occupational Safety and/or Engineering background a plus
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access)
This is a paid position.